11, July 2012 (Cricturf) : In cricket, there are 10 different ways a batsman can get out. Out of which the first 5
2 . Bowled
3. Given LBW(Leg Before Wicket)
4. Run out
5. Stumped are very common and well known by all.
And the rest of the 5 are not very common and doesn't happen very often in the field. They are,
1. Hit wicket - When a batsman hits their own bails by mistake or accidently
2. Handled the ball - When a batsman handles the ball without any permission from the feidling side
3. Hit the ball twice -This is very rare and sometimes also called as a double hit. It is when a batsman deliberatly hits the ball two times
4. Timed out -When the new batsman after a wicket takes a long time to appear to play
5.Obstructing the ball - It is when a batsman purposely prevents fielders from the opposition from executing a catch or a run out.
On top of everything, the most important is that the fielding team have to come forward and appeal the umpire regarding anything. Usually what we hear as "How is that?" .