(16th August 2012,Cricturf) : Sri Lankan youngsters participating in the Under 19 World Cup lost their crucial game against South Africa Yesterday. Sri Lanka after losing the first game with Bangladesh won the second game against Namibia. However, they had to win the South Africa game in order to proceed to the quarter finals. South Africa Under-19 team with the win managed to proceed to the quarter finals of the tournament.
Group D - South Africa beat Sri Lanka by four wickets ( Peter Burge Oval, Brisbane )
- Sri Lanka 150 all out, 37.4 overs (Pulina Tharanga 50 not out; Corne Dry 4-16, Calvin Savage 2-30, Solo Nqweni 2-51)
- South Africa 153 for six, 33 overs (Chad Bowes 46, Theunis de Bruyn 42; Tharindu Kaushal 3-28, Sanitha de Mel 2-32)
- Player of the Match - Corne Dry (South Africa)
Group A - Ireland v Nepal (Endeavour Park, Townsville)
Ireland beat Nepal by 14 runs, Endeavour Park, Townsville
- Ireland 185 for eight, 50 overs (Shane Getkate 47, Andy McBrine 41, Tyrone Kane 39 not out; Rahul Vishvakarma 2-31, Avinash Karn 2-37, Bhuvan Karki 2-43)
- Nepal 171 all out, 49.3 overs (Rahul Vishvakarma 32, Subhash Khakurel 31, Pradeep Airee 29; George Dockrell 4-22)
- Player of the Match - George Dockrell (Ireland)Ireland took its first points on Wednesday with an exciting 14-run win over Nepal at Endeavour Park in Townsville.
Group B - Afghanistan v Scotland, John Blanck Oval, Sunshine Coast
Afghanistan beat Scotland by 10 runs, John Blanck Oval, Buderim
- Afghanistan 191 all out, 48.3 overs (Javed Ahmadi 71, Afsar Khan 44; Gavin Main 4-26, Ruaidhri Smith 4-45)
- Scotland 181 all out, 49.2 overs (Ross McLean 67, Freddie Coleman 30; Sayed Shirzad 3-33, Aftab Alam 2-45)
- Player of the Match - Javed Ahmadi (Afghanistan)